Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome Summer!

Yesterday was the first day of summer! Yay! I'm super excited about it!


I celebrated with a 6 a.m. spin class. This was my first spin class ever.
All I can say is, I loved it! It was a lot of fun and I feel like I got a great workout.
 I am not usually a morning person, but I liked the fact that I was done working out at 6:45 in the morning.  (even if I did come back home and sleep until 9..shhhh)
I figured that since it was the first day of Summer, we should have something light and summery for dinner. I decided to make fish tacos with mango salsa. That just says summer to me! This was my first time making mango salsa. I found a basic recipe online and added to it and changed it around a bit. The great thing is that mangos are in season right now and were only $1 each!

Mango Salsa
  • 2 Mangos pitted and chopped
  • 1 small cucumber chopped
  • 1/2 small red onion
  • 1 small avocado
  • chopped jalapeno (add as much or little as you want to make it hotter)
  • fresh cilantro
  • fresh lime juice ( I used 2 small limes, but 1 large one would work too!)
  • salt and pepper to taste.
Mix everything together and chill for a bit.







While making dinner, we sipped on some wine from a local winery.


White Lies by The Winery at Wolf Creek.
This particular bottle of  wine may have been a bit too sweet for this meal, but that didn't bother us one bit!
We usually use talapia to make fish tacos and we didn't have any,
but we did happen to have frozen Walleye from Lake Erie.
J squeezed some lemon juice over the top and seasoned with salt and pepper.

Baked at 400 for 15 mins. 



Loaded up a tortilla with fish, shredded cabbage and top with salsa.


We added some green beans on the side and ate outside on the deck.
It was the perfect way to welcome Summer!

What did you do to celebrate Summer?

3 comments:

  1. How is your butt feeling after spinning?! I loved spin class buy I could sit properly for days when I first started. :) The salsa looks fantastic. I love the fresh flavor of mango, especially on fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My butt does hurt a bit.. not too bad, but I know what you're saying about sitting. haha! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete